Ontario Federation Trillium Awards – Nominations
For outstanding contribution beyond the scope of their regular activities (more than their home club)
Whose accomplishments reflect extraordinary contributions of an innovative or improving nature.
Trillium Merit Award
Dancing 5 years or more. When did they start dancing?
* Association Executive and / or Federation Representative. ( Important when referring to a Merit Award )
Usually includes activities at an Association and/or Provincial level. Reflecting continuing dedication to the activity and to the dance community.
Trillium Long Service Award
Dancing 25 years or more. When did they start dancing?
Activities & Positions on Club Executives, Committees, etc. Dates ?
Usually includes activities at multiple clubs, and being ambassadors by recruiting, and promotion the dance movement.
Other Useful suggestions as discussion items, while completing the nomination:
The following statements are meant to encourage discussion. They are not a required list or total list of requirements
- Involvement on other dance related activities
- Convention Committees
- Caller’s Clinic involvement – positions, dates, # of years, etc
- Participation at Frosh Dances – other involvements
- Volunteer participant in demonstrations. – Hospitals, Malls, Nursing Homes, Festivals, etc
- Actively promoting the Square & Round Dance movement
- Promotion of dancing in public places
- Recruitment of new dancers – Duty as angels
- Special Advertising – innovative new methods
- Include some family history
– Significant items of personal life
– Activities in other clubs, churches, organizations, etc
– Children, Grand children